Who we are:
A career with Glacier Resource Innovation Group (GRIG) is an opportunity to be on a collaborative team where creative leadership, passion for progress, and responsibility are paramount. Our primary focus is on building strong relationships with our clients through our mining and metals industry leading brands and solutions. We provide our customers with the tools they need to meet today’s industry challenges head-on.
Under the direction and leadership of the VP Operations, we are looking for a full-time Accountant to work collaboratively on a team with staff in both Toronto and Vancouver. As the Senior Accountant you would primarily be responsible for full cycle accounting, account reconciliation, journal entries and complex analysis. We have big corporate goals, and this role is key to keeping us on the path to success.
You Would Be Perfect for This Role If:
You care about your work and strive for excellence every day. You thrive in a collaborative work environment and you approach your work with passion and curiosity. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results. You communicate with honesty and kindness and create space for others to do the same. You foster connections by putting people first and building trusting relationships. You integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working – i.e., you don’t take yourself too seriously.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead full cycle accounting including but not limited to:
- Preparing and posting journal entries
- Inter-company and month-end accruals – including deferred revenue, commission, AP, fixed assets, amortization etc.
- Month-end reconciliations and bank reconciliations
- Review and authorize payments to vendors and suppliers and resolves problems where necessary
- Assists with preparation of tax returns and planning and preparation of the year-end audit information and schedules as needed
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, analyzing variances as required by management and assisting with forecasting and inputs to the budget
- Provide support and guidance to accounting clerks to insure accurate entries and adherence to deadlines
- Provide financial support to operational management and internal customers, analyzing and researching assigned ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Proactively identify and develop recommendations for improvement on accounting processes and procedures to incorporate best practice
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, or an equivalent combination of experience and a non-commerce degree
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or working towards completion of your designation
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in a full-cycle accounting environment
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically in Excel
- Experience with financial information systems -Bonus points if you have experience with Microsoft Great Plains
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines, using proven problem solving and prioritization skills
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- Experience in regulatory environment would be an asset
What We Offer:
- A culture based on caring, integrity, agility, collaboration, innovation and striving for excellence
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance, fair treatment of staff, and clear and open communication at all levels
- We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workplace
- We invest in education and support and encourage professional development
- We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, and flexible schedules
We promise to provide colleagues who are as unique, talented, and likeable as you are. You can do amazing work here and we’re committed to helping you achieve your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.
Apply today with your cover letter, resume, and compensation expectations to: hr[at]glacierrig[dot]com
No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.