Be a part of an amazing team as our newest Account Manager!
We have a rare opportunity working at one of Canada’s best-read newspapers and online news portals, the Delta Optimist. The Optimist has served our community since 1922 connecting our readers with local businesses.
The Optimist is a division of Glacier Media, hosting the largest local digital news network in Canada. Working with local businesses to offer cutting edge marketing solutions: programmatic, social media, SEO, sponsored content and community display advertising on our website – and yes, we still reach customers through our trusted newspaper as well.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You are comfortable making cold calls and setting up/leading meetings with new and existing clients.
- A self-starter with a consultative selling approach working with clients planning both digital and print advertising campaigns.
- Building and maintaining client relationships with your exceptional communication skills comes easy to you.
- You are a goal orientated individual with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- You possess strong organizational skills and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Here’s the essentials of what we offer:
- Competitive salary + uncapped commission package.
- An established account list.
- Comprehensive / competitive group health and welfare benefits
- Extensive onboarding training and ongoing support.
If you don’t already live in South Delta, you should know it’s one of the most innovative and attractive communities on the West Coast. Encompassing Ladner and Tsawwassen, we are just a short commute from Vancouver, Richmond and Surrey.
South Delta has a worldwide reputation for our retail centres, progressively planned communities, port access and a wide array of supporting industries. Ladner offers a quaint village setting including coffee shops and boutique retailers while Tsawwassen brings us access to some of Canada’s best beaches and golf. We’re youthful, engaged and passionate about where we live! And if you’re a local – well, you know you’re in the right place to forge a career and lucky to call Tsawwassen and Ladner home.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to Matt Blair: mblair[at]delta-optimist[dot]com
We thank all submissions of interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: November 22, 2021