The Vancouver Courier – is looking for an Account Executive to join our sales team! Someone with a proven ability to seek and close new business as well as manage existing accounts. The Account Executive's core responsibilities include the growth of their personal portfolio of advertising clients, new business development, nurture business relationships and to execute a multitude of advertising projects.
- Grow and manage a client base in order to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Build and maintain client relationships with exceptional customer service
- Prospect new business in all mediums, including: digital, newspaper, event and magazines
- Develop new sales opportunities through new revenue channels or products
- Attend industry networking events
- Solid planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Expertise in consultative audience based selling and proven negotiation skills
- A self-starter who can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills; proactive, energetic and a team player
- Ability to write & create proposals and deliver engaging presentations
- Have a positive attitude and a true love of sales
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross departmentally
- Post-secondary education in marketing, sales or another related discipline
- Minimum of two years sales experience, preferably in an advertising environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the media landscape
- Ability to travel locally; access to a vehicle
- Experience selling print advertisements and digital media services with a working knowledge of SEO, SEM, Social Media and Sponsored Content.
We offer a strong uncapped commission package on top of base salary, benefits, training support and an incredible team of motivated, positive individuals committed to greatness. Location: 303 W 5th Avenue, Vancouver, B.C.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a resume to Manny Kang: mkang[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca
We thank all candidates for their submissions; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.