Glacier Media Group has an immediate opening for a natural leader who can bring their years of experience to the position of Sales Manager at the Coast Reporter, on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, in Sechelt, BC.
The Sales Manager will carry a significant list of clients as well as provide overall direction to the professional sales team in Sechelt. Experience dealing directly with clients on weekly advertising needs as well as the full suite of Digital Marketing Services and Online Display Advertising is a must.
The Coast Reporter has been the newspaper of record for Gibsons, Sechelt and the many other communities that make up the Sunshine Coast for over 20 years; publishing weekly since April 1997 and boasting the most successful local website servicing the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia.
Sunshine Coast is 45 minute ferry ride from West Vancouver. Featuring the natural beauty of coastal BC, the area is home to over 30,000 residents and experiences a strong tourism trade during the summer months. Tourism, forestry, a pulp mill and many small businesses completes a wonderful community.
Basic qualifications for this position
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education in a related field a definite asset (journalism, business or general arts degree)
- Ability to direct and manage people
- Planning, organizing and delegating skills
- Ability to respond to crisis situations with balanced judgment
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to be actively involved in the community in which you reside
- Flexibility in an ever-changing environment
- Previous newspaper and digital media sales experience
If you possess the basic qualifications for this position and are looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
Glacier Media Group is a division of Glacier Media Inc, a publicly owned Canadian company, traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (GVC.T). Glacier publishes community newspapers in over 100 markets in Western Canada and is Canada’s largest publisher of trade publications.
Please apply directly by email to: Peter Kvarnstrom, President Community Media, Glacier Media Group
Application deadline: July 12, 2019