Real Estate Wire, is a real estate marketplace and information hub in BC and Ontario. Whether you're buying, selling, learning, or simply perusing, REW provides you with a fast and easy home search experience, and arms you with the information and connections you need to take on your real estate goals.
REW has grown exponentially year over year since we opened our doors in 2011. We attribute our success to our remarkable and hard-working team, who come into work every day dedicated to creating the best possible experience for our customers. Our goal is to be the #1 source for real estate search across Canada, and the industry leader in the evolution of home search behaviour.
REW is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help lead our product strategy. This individual is passionate about innovation, and has a proven history of driving go-to-market strategies that engage customers and accelerate growth. You will be responsible for helping create solutions to difficult problems in the real estate marketplace by gaining a deep understanding of our customers and the challenges they face each day. Your past product experience and passion for delivering extraordinary products will help shape the vision of REW’s future products and services.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Product Manager will champion all aspects of product success including discovery, user experience, development and go-to-market. The role could be located in Vancouver or Toronto, and will collaborate with cross-functional teams in both cities.
- Own and execute the vision for REW’s products and exceptional user experiences
- Lead go-to-market strategies, and feature prioritization for your products in partnership with key stakeholders and product team
- Develop an intimate understanding of our customers and their most pressing business challenges through research, feedback loops, and direct interactions
- Understand the competitive landscape, and identify opportunities to reinforce REW’s competitive differentiation
- Influence the marketing campaign strategy based on knowledge of the customer, their needs, and our messaging platform
- As the Product Owner, author agile user stories for communicating requirements to the product cross-functional teams, and drive the delivery of features
- Communicate product roadmaps, benefits and results to both internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with cross-functional development teams on product design, and utilize a data-driven approach to drive decision-making
Skills + Requirements
- 3+ years of product management experience with direct product ownership
- Proven track in managing products within a technology company focused on user experience with a large number of users, or high traffic numbers
- Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps and functional specifications, launching new products, and conducting customer/market research
- Experience working directly with cross-functional software development teams and UX designers in an Agile development environment
- Technical aptitude; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills with the ability to successfully partner and influence across functions at all levels of an organization, including vendors and customers
- Comfortable with fast-paced environments and rapidly changing priorities
- 4-year BA/BS, MBA preferred Experience with a CRM with Salesforce type functionality
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must possess a positive “can-do” customer service attitude with both internal and external contacts
Life at REW
With offices in Toronto and Vancouver, REW has an open and casual work environment, but we know how to buckle down to get a project in on deadline. Our company is fast-paced and target-driven, and our employees have the freedom to manage their own time and projects. REW is an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. In addition to competitive compensation and bonus incentives, we provide a comprehensive benefits package, professional development budget and fun team events.
Send your resume and cover letter to jobs[at]rew[dot]ca with ‘Product Manager’ as the subject. We are accepting applicants until September 28, 2018. We can’t wait to hear from you!