The Weyburn Review is seeking an individual to oversee the commercial print operation and supervise mailroom staff. The ideal candidate will have experience operating High Quantity Digital copiers as well as coordinating print jobs including customer service, quoting and billing.
- Responsible for the operation of digital format copiers and associated finishing equipment.
- Set-up jobs according to paper type.
- Coordinate the print job intake process – prioritizing, quoting, and invoicing jobs.
- Operate production copiers, configure settings, manage job queues, process files and print jobs, scan materials and select appropriate output formats per client requirements.
- Retrieve - re-purpose and re-print archived documents.
- Track and archive digital client jobs as required for re-printing.
- Maintaining a healthy and safe working environment by verifying the safety of machines and equipment.
- Perform basic pre-flight checking and error correction of files.
- Prioritize, schedule and execute document workflow process activities (prepress to delivery).
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience on digital copiers with preference working with Xerox.
- Service or Document management industry experience operating high volume - networked systems.
- Troubleshooting experience and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Physically capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Receive delivery trucks from dock as needed.
- High attention to detail and quality assurance
- Proven ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks to ensure timely completion.
- Excellent ability to follow processes and solve problems.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign or similar software would be an asset.
- Recent graduate from Print and Graphics management would be an asset.
- Able to listen and communicate effectively.
- Able to read, write and follow basic English instructions.
- Effective organizational skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package including excellent health and welfare benefits. If you are interested in this position, please apply to:
Andrea Corrigan, Publisher of Weyburn Review: acorrigan[at]weyburnreview[dot]com
Deadline for submissions: July 5, 2019