Eastward Media, a division of Glacier Media Group, is seeking a full-time Graphics Design Specialist to join our fast-growing Vancouver team. The successful candidate will play a key role in fulfilling client briefs.
The Graphics Design Specialist will be responsible for producing banner ads, sales collateral, web landing pages and some light web development work (primarily front-end). Must be able to meet tight deadlines, and work collaboratively with team members.
The ideal candidate is an expert in Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress, and is a self-starter eager to learn new skills and work in digital media / advertising. New graduates encouraged to apply!
- Read and understand client creative briefs to produce English or Simplified Chinese banner ads, landing pages and other digital media assets.
- Work closely with clients and internal partners to deliver time sensitive campaign-ready assets and provide creative feedback when required.
- Develop user-friendly templates and provide support to internal teams on working with templates.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to develop, fine-tune and produce effective visual concepts, designs and layouts.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and updating of graphics, visual identity usage of Eastward Media.
- One year of experience in a graphics design or publishing role.
- Expert proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in web design, HTML5, and WordPress.
- Previous video production, editing experience considered a valuable asset.
- A diploma in graphic design, digital media, visual communications or another closely related field is required, while a degree is preferred.
- Fluency in Simplified Chinese / Mandarin is preferred.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work collaboratively.
- Creative and detail oriented.
- Intuitive, approachable and open to receiving creative feedback
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Training opportunities to learn digital campaign management and trafficking, Google Ads, SEO, and take on new projects outside of the scope of graphics design.
Compensation: Salary + Benefits
Conditions: Office, 9 AM – 5:00 PM, must be willing to work additional hours when required
Applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to kliminsang[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca.
Application deadline March 22, 2018.