Eastward Media, the Chinese digital agency division of Glacier Media Group, is seeking to add a Digital Specialist to their rapidly growing team.
The Digital Specialist's core responsibilities are to service and grow their portfolio of advertising clients, nurture business relationships, and execute a multitude of advertising projects ensuring a timely delivery and high quality of output. Digital Specialists are expected to provide exceptional service to clients, present new and innovative advertising ideas that are in-line with the advertising briefs and grow revenues.
This is a role requiring technical expertise, cultural understanding, native fluency in Mandarin Chinese / Simplified Chinese, and strong interpersonal skills.
Reporting to: VP Business Development
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have a good understanding of digital media landscape, familiar with Chinese social media platforms.
- Develop media proposal based on qualitative and quantitative market research.
- Execute digital campaigns including Chinese social media campaigns on WeChat and Weibo, such as Simplified Chinese copywriting.
- Manage and review the progress of client advertising projects, coordinate with different departments to fulfill timely delivery and quality standards.
- Nurture business relationships with assigned clients and discover opportunities for account growth and the provision of additional services.
- Conduct meetings with clients as well as inform them about the current and post work status of their projects.
- Identify accounts whose revenue may be shrinking, address any ‘at risk’ customers and reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained.
- 1+ years of experience working in a client-facing role;
- 1+ years of experience in project coordination; Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experienced and / or knowledgeable in Chinese social media;
- Strong willingness to learn and win, with a proven ability to meet deliverables;
- Preferred: Reading and writing fluency in Simplified Chinese, translation certificate ideal;
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communication.
Working hours: 9:00 – 5:00 PM (will involve extended hours to meet project deadlines.
Office: 303 W 5th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Travel: Office based, but with regular travel to client offices throughout the Lower Mainland.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to Naomi Zhao at nzhao[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca before May 3rd, 2019