Alberni Valley Times
The award-winning newsroom of the Alberni Valley Times is looking for a multimedia journalist. We need someone who loves journalism as much as we do and will not only fit into our newsroom, but will raise the bar so high the rest of us will get better just trying to keep up.
You should have boundless enthusiasm for the written word and an exceptional eye for detail. You have ideas and aren’t afraid to share them; but you can also take direction and provide results in a hurry. You are exceptionally comfortable working to deadline and demonstrated ability with photography and shooting videos is an asset. We will be happy to train the right candidate in all areas.
- Work as a reporter/photographer, dealing with assignments as required.
- Contribute in a meaningful way to the newsroom discussion about readership strategy and the use of multiple platforms
- A journalism diploma/degree or equivalent experience;
- A proven track record as a reporter, photographer and/or videographer;
- Demonstrated ability to use Photoshop and InDesign and meet tight deadlines;
If you can help make our news organization better, we want to hear from you. We offer a competitive salary and benefits in the best climate and most beautiful spot in Canada.
Salary: Per CBA
Send a letter, resume and a few samples of your work, no later than 5 p.m. on Aug. 20, to:
Vancouver Island NewsMedia Group
B1-2575 McCullough Rd
Fax: (250) 729-4288